We invite you to participate in the third World Conference on Physics Education in Hanoi, VIETNAM.
WCPE was initiated by Groupe International de Recherche sur l'Enseignement de la Physique (GIREP) and the International Commission on Physics Education (ICPE) – Commission 14 of the International Union for Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) with the contribution of the Multimedia in Physics Teaching and Learning (MPTL). It is endorsed by EPS-PED (European Physical Society – Physics Education Division) and by the cooperating bodies of GIREP. After the successful WCPE 2012 in Istanbul and WCPE 2016 in São Paulo, the WCPE 2021 in Hanoi with theme “Innovating physics education: From research to practice” will be a concrete step forward in global cooperation. This third WCPE will be structured to help foster dissemination, collaboration and innovation on physics-education research and practice which can transcend national boundaries.
The main topics of the conference will be the following:
- Educational reform: development and implementation of physics curriculum
- Competence-based physics education
- Representation in teaching and learning physics
- Teaching and learning physics concepts
- ICT and multimedia in physics education
- Online physics teaching and learning
- Experiments and practical work in physics education
- Evaluation and assessment of student learning and development
- Initial teacher education, teacher professional development and Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Early science learning
- Secondary school physics
- University Physics: research and good practices
- Physics into STEM education
- Informal learning and science centers
- Nature of Science, gender and socio-cultural issues in physics education
- Motivational strategies and metacognition in physics education
- Methodological issues in physics education research
- Physics for environment and social issues
- Interplay between physics and mathematics
- Contemporary physics and modern physics in schools and universities
- Outreach of physics
Highlighting these topics does not mean underestimating or neglecting other important aspects of physics education research and practice.
The scientific program committee invites proposals for oral presentations, symposia, workshops, working groups and posters focused on the different aspects of the essential knowledge, skills and attitudes mainly related to the topics listed above.
Oral presentations are of 15 minutes duration, plus 5 minutes discussion time.
Symposia provide an opportunity in 90 minutes to examine one topic in depth preferably from different perspectives.
Workshops give the opportunity in also 90 minutes for sharing a skill or approach with active engagement of the participants.
Thematic discussion groups are intended in also 90 minutes for collaborative discussions on specific issues of physics education.
Posters are in separated sessions for quick and open sharing of research findings and good practices.
About 100 participants are expected to come to Hanoi, VIETNAM joining live sessions, whereas many more others will take part in virtual satellite events in comfortable time at home or work.
Submission of your contribution proceeds in two steps:
- The first step is to submit extended abstract ranging from 400 to 600 words (about 2 pages) before the conference.
- The second step is to submit a full paper for publication after the conference.
Deadline for submission of the extended abstract of your proposals: 15 October 2021.
Find abstract guideline here. Submission via Indico system will be guided and published in timely manner.
Every submitted abstract will be reviewed according with the submission guidelines and the abstract book will be published in the GIREP and Conference website.
All full-text papers, which will have been presented at WCPE 2021, will be double reviewed after the conference and published as follows.
- The qualified papers will be published in the IOP Journal of Physics Conference Series (JPCS). JPCS occurs electronically on the Internet and is indexed in Scopus.
- A number of keynotes, oral presentations (incl. symposium presentations) will be selected as the best for publication in the GIREP book (Selected Papers) published by Springer (https://www.springer.com/gp).
This way, the published WCPE 3 papers will uphold the standards of publication ethics as well as easily available to the scientific and teacher communities.
WCPE 2021 scientific program committee